This is an assignment that will enhance your ability to recognize fine and performing arts as expressions of human experience and to make informed judgments about them. To develop these skills, you will attribute a work of art to a historical period. Review the images and notes from our lectures on Egypt, paying special attention to the way in which artistic style changes according to time period. Select ONE of the two images below, both of which are unfamiliar to you. In paragraph form, attribute (assign) the image to a historical time period of Ancient Egypt. Why do you think that the image belongs to a certain period? Give reasons for your attribution using specific works from the in-class lecture to support your argument. Word count must be between 100 – 150 words. Do not search the internet for these images in an effort to be “right”. That is not the goal of this assignment! Point potential does not depend upon whether or not your attribution is correct. Point potential does depend upon: 1) an attribution to a historical period of Ancient Egypt. (5 points) 2) how you support your argument by way of reference to specific works. (20 points) 3) the use of proper grammar and spelling, as well as word count of 100-150 words. (10 points)
Below are some of the OD concepts and theories we have discussed so far:
- Planned change theories
- OD diagnostic processes
- OD interventions
- Change management
- Internal and external consultants
Choose an organizational development concept or theory from our readings and discussions. In a five to seven page paper, build out the theory by applying it to an organization of your choice.
- Be thorough as you apply the concept or theory to your organization.
- Be sure to clearly identify the organization problem or issue and work through the chosen theory as you apply it to the organization.
are expected to incorporate at least one of the following course
objectives in your short paper:
- Evaluate definitions, theories, and models of corporate culture
- Identify the roles and relationships corporate culture has in organizational performance
- Use a systems perspective in analyzing organizational conditions
- Evaluate theories and models for managing change in organizations
- Identify common barriers to effective change management
- Prescribe appropriate OD strategies and techniques in applied settings
Your paper should be five to seven pages long, excluding cover and reference pages. Please follow APA guidelines for citations, quotations, and references, and use at least five scholarly resources that are dated within the last ten years. You are strongly encouraged to use the required and reserved readings in this course, as well as peer-reviewed journal articles found through the UMUC library. Research methodology and problem analysis will be emphasized in the grading of this assignment.
External Environment Report
Complete an analysis of the key external factors that have implications for successful implementation of your organization’s VMO, strategy and goals/objectives. You will examine your organization’s industry and the competitive conditions/positioning affecting it now or likely to do so in the future. Submit your work in your assignment folder in the form of an approximate 2,000-word double-spaced APA-formatted paper. The title page, reference list, and any appendices are not included in this suggested word count. You do not need to include an abstract.
Your paper should address these topics:
- A brief explanation of the industry (or industries) in which your organization operates as well as context for your organization’ current positioning.
- Analyze the current conditions in your organization’s industry and in its relevant general environment and their likely implications for successful implementation of your organization’s strategic goals and related actions. Be sure to address the PESTEL framework.
- Apply Porter’s Five-Forces Model to enrich your understanding of the environment in which your organization is now or may be operating. The Five Forces model should stress that this model is used to evaluate the industry, not your selected organization’s activities. The model should be used to isolate the dominant force(s) in the industry faced by all competitors and that produce the greatest threat to your organization’s profits and/or strategy. You should discuss how your firm can provide a defense against this threat or threats.
- Describe your organization’s strategic group and construct a map to show its relative market position. Add in a discussion of your rationale for the grouping.
- Summarize the threats and opportunities facing your organization gleaned from your analysis. (SWOT analysis) Submit the SWOT format in Table form and add in some narrative to discuss the threats and opportunities in more detail. Explain in your discussion (not in the table) why you selected them and how they relate to the VMO and organization’s strategy.
- Evaluate the extent to which your organization’s current strategy appears a good match for the competitive conditions it confronts or any gaps that must be addressed.
- Add in a strong conclusion that ensures the reader leaves your paper with a clear recap of your key points.
IMPORTANT: Do not just use someone else’s SWOT, Five Forces, or other analysis. We want you to think for yourself. Critically analyze your firm and write about your original conclusions. Again, imagine you have been asked by the organization’s CEO or top leader to offer an assessment of the organization and how well it is positioned (or not) to deliver on the VMO and strategy in the external environment. This is a critical element, stand back and offer thoughtful criticism and recommendations.
Cholelithiasis (Gallstones) is the presence of stones in the gallbladder. Incidence of gallbladder disease increases with age. Highest incidence is in the fifth and sixth decades. Predisposing factors for gallstones are female sex, pregnancy, age>40 yr, family history of gallstones, obesity, ileal disease, oral contraceptives, diabetes mellitus, rapid weight loss, estrogen replacement therapy. Patients with gallstones have a 20% chance of developing biliary colic or its complications at the end of a 20-yr period.
Discussion: What is Treaty?
Before reading on further in the course consider your own concept of treaty and what it means. You can use dictionary definitions for reference, but consider what a treaty would mean to you.
In the ‘What is Treaty?’ Discussion, post your ideas and opinions about all of the following questions:
• What is ‘treaty’?
• Why do we have treaties?
• Who do you feel could initiate a treaty?
• Who would treaties be between? What types of groups do you feel would most commonly form a treaty?
• How could a treaty be changed or annulled?
Support your ideas with evidence and examples tied to your opinions. You are welcome to include images, audio recordings or video in your posting. Please remember to cite your sources.
* Study Module 8 LECTURE NOTES thoroughly, and then do the following:
– Construct a hypothetical Balance of Payments (BOP) account for any country of your choice.
(Be sure that your hypothetical BOP account is balanced, and must NOT have the same data that were used in the course Module).
– To submit your Assignment 6: Click on “Reply”, and then upload your Assignment (just like is done with submitting Discussions).
*Please be advised that only ONE attempt is allowed for this assignment.
– This Assignment 6 must be done and submitted by April 4 (up to 1 week extension allowed).
*Discuss the major ways in which the Iraq War (2003-2007) impacted the Balance of Payments (BOP) account of the United States – (Be sure to consider both the Current Account and Capital Account components of the BOP).
– Only ONE discussion post is required.
– Discussion must be elaborate and well-written to earn full points — minimum of 1 page length expected.
– This Discussion 3 must be done and submitted by March 28 — (up to 1 week extension allowed).
This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the ANA standards of practice (PO#6).
View the National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services Standards (CLAS) categories aimed at equity and quality care (HHS, n.d.). Notice how these standards overlap with many of the expectations and standards in professional nursing practice!
- In what ways are you and your peers using these standards in your areas of nursing practice?
- Discuss one nursing action you might incorporate to improve cultural competence in your organization.
Comm 462: Political Communication take Home midterm
Due: Friday March 27 by 5:00 pm.
Please write essays for the following questions. Each answer should be 2 pages double spaced minimum (total of 4 pages). Times New Roman 12 pt. Please include any necessary citations from your text, readings, or lecture. No other outside sources needed.
1. When Ben Franklin was asked “what have you given us”, he responded “A Republic, If you can keep it.” What did he mean by this quote? Who are the 3 groups/players responsible for “keeping it?” Discuss the 3 groups and how good of a job they are currently doing. Some concepts that should be discussed and cited (if necessary) are…
o 4th Estate & Functions of Press
o Political Knowledge (US vs Europe), Voting & Civic Engagement
o 1st Amendment rights of people and press
o Polarization of people and politicians
o Give examples when appropriate.
2. Over the last 30 years we have become extremely Polarized in our politics, even to the point of Tribalism. Discuss over the years whey this has become so much worse and define polarization and tribalism. Who or what is to blame? Why is it worse than it is? Give recent examples. Include multiple concepts from class and cite them (i.e . selective processes, Atlantic article on Tribalization, evolution of news, etc.)
Week 3 Discussion: Resilience and Change (graded)
This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO4: Integrates clinical nursing judgment using effective communication strategies with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare providers. (PO#4)
Change is part of our daily healthcare environment. Clinical nursing judgments based on quality and safety, as well as protocols and standards, reflect our patient-centered care values.
What steps could you take to develop more resilience in your practice setting?
How might you communicate a change in practice to patients and nursing peers?